Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stage 8

Planned Parenthood

As Planned Parenthood does a lot of beneficial things for woman that do not have a large income and/or woman that do not have insurance, so I agree that their funding should not get pulled.  However, there are a few things that concern me.

I have been without insurance for the last 4 years and understand that medical care is unbelievably expensive and Planned Parenthood is a great asset for situations like that.  By providing screenings and other necessary care for these women they are allowing medical care that would have possibly been ignored if they did not have this option.  I agree they do a very good job of all of the reasons I have listed.

As far as the abortion issue is concerned, I agree that there are certain situations a woman may not want to carry a child.  Incest and rape would be the only reasons I could accept.  Any other case I do not agree with.  If you are irresponsible and get yourself into an unplanned pregnancy that is unwanted then you have so many other options than to terminate the baby.  So many couples cannot have children and would do anything to adopt an unwanted baby.  So while I do not judge people in any decision they make, it is nice to know that woman get to think about every option that they have such as adoption.  I have heard from several pregnant women that have visited Planned Parenthood and they say that one of the pushed conversations is about getting an abortion and rarely the option of adoption.  This would be my only gripe about these facilities.

Overall, I agree with what Keturah is saying minus the abortion issue.  Planned Parenthood does help a lot of women get through pregnancy, screenings, pregnancy prevention and many more things which is awesome.  They help save lives of woman that may have otherwise not had to chance to take care of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment